Take a Pearl of little v

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:30:06 -0700

Hi all,
Just worked on a P River. Though I have heard that they were vastly =
improved (well the hammer shanks and other small wood parts were not =
warped) There were two things that did not meet muster for me. NO GLIDE =
BOLTS! And a nasty little click on notes 6, 7, 8, 9 and 76, 77, 78, 79. =
Found the cause of the click to be the use of metal dags upon which the =
end of the keys were making contact as they returned to rest. The use of =
a thicker piece of felt might have eliminated the problem at the =
factory, but not wanting to reinvent the wheel I chose to take material =
off the ends of the 8 key sticks that were clacking.
Was not too impressed with the piano to say the least.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com