Canadian "Peso"off topic !!!

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 04:49:55 -0600

The correct reference to the 2 dollar coin is Toony, as oppossed
to 1 dollar coin, which is a loony. On the loony you will find a
picture of a bird which is found in our north country ( can you imagine,

we have a north country !!). This bird is called a Loon. So the word
Toony was quite a natural extension.
Probably more than anyone needs to know about our Peso. Would like to
remind those who are old enough to remember, as I do, that in 1968 the
Canadian dollar was worth about $1.10 American. How things have changed.

Now our dollar is a very wimpy $ 62c, more or less. Hope things improve
soon.
Carl