Money to spend, RCT/SAT III?

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 00:55:13 -0600

Howdy...

I saw a new tax accountant today who was highly recommended
to me by the dealer I do subcontract work for.  Indeed he is
very aggressive and really rolled up his sleeves.  After
lengthy discussion on business expenses, income, etc., he
says that I could probably safely purchase up to about 12K
before the end of the year and get a 100% deduction as a
business expense. "Wow" I said.  This is not to say that it
is "free money" in the sense that if I spend it the
government pays for it, rather it's just that in my current
situation "IF" I can afford to spend a little money right
now he can take full advantage of it for me as a total tax
right off.

This afternoon I took my first step in that direction and
bought a beautiful new notebook computer fully loaded.
Since I still technically have a substancial amount I could
spend I thought I might consider the Rayburn program, (I'm
currently using the SAT II and happy with it but heck there
maybe an advantage here).  I have a couple of questions
which have already probably been rehashed a million times on
this list but since it has never applied/interested me up
until now I've always opted to use my delete key at will.

1.  How much does the program cost these days?
2.  Of those who have used BOTH, (I'm talking to these folks
specifically mind you not just anyone with an opinion and
endless tangents), which did you prefer, the SAT III or the
Rayburn for EVERYDAY in and out tunings?

I could just as well spend money on an SAT III instead so
both deserve consideration.  I'm not completely sold on the
Verituner yet so I'm not including that in the equation.  I
could also also very well buy neither at this point because
I have a lot of very expensive shop equipment I would like
to purchase too and money is limited.  I just wanted to
hear, (briefly) what folks think and put it on my
consideration list.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV