Perfect Pitch

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 06:53:09 -0500

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 2:25 PM
  Subject: Re: Perfect Pitch

  In a message dated 11/6/01 1:11:39 PM Central Standard Time, =
gee19685@GlaxoWellcome.com (Evoniuk, Gary E) writes:=20

  That Just Intonation article aside, to me, it means intervals that are =
beatless.  While there are a few musical circumstances where perfectly =
pure pitches and beatless intervals may occur, for the most part, those =
would not even be appropriate.=20

  Bill,
  I'm a symphony clarinetist and if you  listen closing to ( I'm =
guiessing) 90% of all recordings utilizing the clarinet, either as a =
soloist or within the  orchestra, there's no vibrato. Likewise, with the =
French Horn...not always but most of the times. Just Intonation, =
relating and limiting to the idea of beetles intervals DOES exist, and =
quite often with those 2 instruments.
  Tom Servinsky,RPT