CA oops

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 07:11:48 -0800

At 04:36 PM 11/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Embarrasing..but here's what happened:

Yup. Oops. Been there, etc.

>I called the dealer and told them to order a new shelf pronto..in the
>meantime, I have this shelf, new Polyester kit, and a willingness to make it
>right anyway...but what happen?..would anyone venture to guess why the CA
>chose to spread instead of just 'go away' with the solvent?
>
>No, this is NOT a test!,
>
>Phil

Sad thing is, a lot of the smaller (desk, shelves, etc.) parts aren't
polyester finished. They're just plastic. May be what you're up against.
Option 49 is try an oil-type cleanser (WD40) first, then polish. Good luck.

Long time ago I started using at least two fancy cloth napkins on grand
stretchers and vert fallboards to keep my sweat offa the dern things.
Especially shiny ones. Those puppies have saved my butt several times, now.
Everything from glue to dropped tools. AND... they look classy. They also
can be used to protect your jeans from freshly polished benches, and I
spread them out on white carpets, etc, before placing the tool bag, or
whatever. Available free, w/guilt, from restaurants, or about a buck at the
dollar store. (go figger)

Laters,
Guy