Knuckles

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:30:59 EST

In a message dated 11/6/01 11:29:34 PM Central Standard Time,
clarks11628@juno.com writes:

> List, While checking out the 20 Years.....CD's of the Journal, I found
> references to bolstering grand knuckles.  I think it was Roger Jolly that
> mentioned "draw filing" knuckles to regain some roundness.  Who can tell
> me how to do that, or some other quick and dirty method to reshape some
> fairly flattened knuckles?  What is "draw filing"?
> Clark Sprague, RPT

I don't know what draw filing is, but I bolster knuckles by yarning them. You
need real wool yarn, and with a needle, put it between the inner core and the
buckskin where the knuckle is flat. I want to stress that you need real wool.
Nylon will not adhear to the wool inner core, and will flatten out.

Wim