RCT vs SAT?

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:30:49 -0500

Ron,
    I understand your reasoning behind moving to an ETD aided tuning. My use of
ETD's making similar sounding tunings came from Jim and Ric's experiments posted
some few days ago. I have no experience with RCT but I have used the SAT II. I
definitely like TuneLab better. I must qualify that by saying that I'm not
nearly as experienced in the operation of probably ANY of these ETD's as Jim
Coleman is. Given his history and experience and understanding of the operation
of each unit I do not find it hard to believe that a similar tuning could be
obtained with any of the 3 ETD's mentioned. What then remains for me is what I
wish to do in the filed. I like to print invoices on the spot and I like the
cost savings with TuneLab. I return to the idea that a "superior" tuning can be
had with any of the 3 if one knows how to use the program. I have no knowledge
of the Verituner except the assertions of the few of the folks from this list
who have justified their expenditure by saying that it's better than anything
else out there. I still think this remains to be seen, or rather heard.

best,
Greg