YC Strike Weights etc

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:33:09 +0100

David Love wrote:

> By setting all the key ratios at .53 do you actually get uniform SWR in such
> a case, or does the difference between the contact points on the wippen heal
> with varied capstan lines throw that off a bit.  If you are trying to get
> uniform SWR, wouldn't the key ratio between sharps and naturals have to be
> slightly different?
>
> David Love

I dont think he said he was setting all the key ratios at 0.53 (correct me if I
am wrong David) He is setting a new Strike Weight ratio at 0.53 and thats
something different.  What Key Ratio he hasnt said, tho he did mention that the
capstans / heels are staggered.

I sometimes have to read twice or thrice to make sure whether David is refering
to the Key Ratio, or the Strike Weight Ratio.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.