YC Strike Weights etc

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 02:57:51 +1100

>At 10:22 PM +0100 11/5/01, Richard Brekne wrote:
>
>>The actuall problem is that the leverage is already
>>different on the white and black keys. Probably due to a
>>frig up in figureing placement of the Balance rail pins. So
>>I already have some of these problems. I am not convinced
>>that moving to a staggered capstan position is the right
>>thing to do....
>
>Dr. Walter Pfeiffer makes a pretty good case for having all the
>balance pins in one row.  You could probably save yourself a good
>deal of unnecessary heartache and labour by reading him on this
>subject.

I read that too from the good Doc, but I don't agree with him in this
instance. Check out what happens on a speadsheet JD, you'll be amazed
at the variation in ratio should the balance pins be all placed in
the one line.

What's your view on this subject David Stanwood?

Ron O
--
Overs Pianos
Sydney Australia