Astonia(?) grand

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:54:12 -0600

>> "Junk" is a four letter word.  Nuf' said. Rob Goodale,
>> RPT
>> Las Vegas, NV
>
> Rob,
>
> I am surprised by your reaction - it is usually logical,
> balanced, and fair. As I said to Wim, go see the pianos
> (don't depend on old opinions) and then judge them.
>
> Yours,
> Richard Galassini

Sorry, sometimes I just call it as I see it.  I speak from
the experience of having too many clients "stung" by pianos
they were told were comparable or better than pianos costing
twice as much.  Needless to say their owners ended up
strongly regretting.  We have one individual here who was
recently forced out of the piano business for a variety of
misrepresentations and fraud schemes.  I saw for myself in
an undercover video taken by a P.I. where he presented a
$3,000 Chinese grand to a potential buyer as a "Steinway
Knock-off".  I regrettably worked on an identical one a few
weeks early and was dumbfounded how anyone could get away
with building such junk, even in China!

The Astonia pianos that I have encountered, (uprights mostly
but a couple grands), were far below what I would consider
acceptable quality.  Perhaps they are improving but I would
want to go through one completely first hand before I would
be able to make any recommendations.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV