Chemical Damage to D-Chaser Unit

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:57:37 -0500

At 10:47 PM -0500 11/9/01, Bill Ballard wrote:
>Has anybody run into this situation before? Is anybody familiar with
>the chemistry at work? Is my suspicion that water vapor is the agent
>here, completely baseless?

I thought I'd double check to see if anyone has seen "hydrochloric
acid brewing in a Damp-Chaser humidifier tank, and rotting the heater
bar and rusting the strings. I'll be talking with Roger at D-C
tomorrow on this matter of chemistry.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes time and annoys the pig."
     ...........Sign on the wall of a college voice teacher's studio.