Clyde/Key Bushings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:29:11 -0800

Clyde,
That's all well and good, because you simply glue the bushing cloth,
temporarily into the mortices with the yellow glue, not giving it ample time
to totally cure. Once that stuff gets a full cure, you will play hell
getting the bushings out! Furthermore, during the time it takes to achieve
"full cure", the glue has a tendency to "Squirm", which tends to wear out
the bushings faster. I just bring all this up for your consideration. It's
really beyond me why you can't use hide glue.
Joe Garrett, RPT, Oregon