Seiler Pianos

Keith Jones kjones@well.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:17:38 -0800

Hello everyone,
   I've been enjoying some of the various threads recently(duplexes, key
ratios etc.), what an amazing resource.
I was wondering if anyone would like to comment on the new Seiler pianos. I
looked at one of the 180cm grands today at a dealers for a customer. I
thought it sounded pretty nice and had quite good sustain, and my customer
liked the way it looks, which is probably the most important thing to her.
I must admit that I'm a little bit put off by their use of terms like
"mem-brator" and "tonal stabilizer" in their advertising. Is the
"mem-brator" soundboard really an innovation, or is it just an advertising
term? Are other designers using anything similar in their soundboard
designs? I must admit that I don't even know what a "tonal volume
stabilizer" is. My overall impression of the instrument was quite positive,
I was surprised at how long the sustain was, even though there didn't seem
to be much soundboard crown. Anyone have any opinions on these instruments?
Thanks,
Keith Jones, Associate Member, PTG