Front "Tuned" Duplex

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:09:47 +0100

Just musing a bit over a morning cup of coffee.... but it struck me to ask Dan,
Del and the rest of you if the idea of nodes comes into play relative to duplexes
and in particular the front duplex.  If one takes the length of a string from
where it leaves the bridge, to the point of contact with the first counterbearing
and look at where the capo contacts that total length, does that coincide with a
string node for that length ?  And what, if anything does that result in ? Ok,
granted we think of nodes as free and in vibration, yet we also observe the
effect when a node is half damped... it just struck me that terminating a string
on a such a node would yeild perhaps a different result then otherwise,,,
especially if the termination point was such that it was precise enough ??

well well, perhaps this one is out to breakfast as it were... but I thought I
would throw it out there anyways.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.