Mold in Pianos

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:20:40 -0500

You are definitely correct about getting a different piano.  A 1915
Cable-Nelson full of at least 2 different kinds of mold is definitely a
gonner!  If I wanted a bicycle for my kid to ride, I certainly wouldn't pull
one out a dump!  How are you ever going to get decent pianos in your
customer list if you are even willing to think about working on such trash?

Mold can be deadly.  Buying that piano to begin with was not your
responsibility.  You are a piano technician, not Servicemaster.  It may be a
piano shaped object, but it is definitely a piece of trash.  Surely a person
crazy enough to buy a moldy piano knowing they are allergic to mold would
not be someone I would want on my customer list!

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland