squares

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:25:33 -0600

After the ever ebulllient Mr. Bryant had reminded me, this morning, how
few of whatever wits I had at one time still remained intact, while
laughing at me for having cracked a bird's eye on an 1860's vintage
square,  because of a strange bit of tuning work I did about an hour and
a half's drive from here earlier this week, I was given the following
information:
Klechka Piano & Organ Co
405 S Texas Ave, Bryan, TX 77803
(979) 823-7434
(979) 778-0906 (fax)
(877) 220-2268 (toll-free)
info@klechkapiano.com
http://www.klechkapianoandorgan.com

This is a place that does only squares, I think, the point being, a call,
and I think I'll have a replacement hammer butt tomorrow night, as the
guy just happens to be coming to Houston, and will bring a couple parts
with him............    I know squares are hated by most everyone, but
SOMEONE, somewhere in Bryan TX likes them a lot.  Just an FYI if folks
are caught with one which needs a rebuild, or, perhaps you need parts.
Don't know if this guy "knows anything" but he's just back from the
Smithsonian researching one he has with no name on it, but which might be
one of only two built by an individual back in 1835.
les bartlett
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.