Tuning Duplex

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:21:33 EST

Dave Porritt,

Dave, Dave, Dave

For your information, CFT Steinway;s first pianos with duplex scales  DID
HAVE individual oliquots. I have an opinion as to why he developed the
contiguous harmonic bridge but that is an opinion only.

As to your inference that the duplex was developed as a marketing ploy a
deeply grieved . That you are suggesting that Hermann Helmholtz, the greatest
physicist of the world, in his time, and CFT Steinway the greatest inventor
of piano design features collaborated in a marketing ploy belittles our
profession, and is not worthy of your dedication to our profession. It is
also an insult to the scale designers of countless other pianos who have
integrated this feature into their instruments. May I suggest you rethink
this point of view.

Duplexdan