phone calls

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:05:41

hi everyone,

Like Terry, I was nervous to intrude on people with the dreaded phone call.
However, over time, I have found that most people prefer the call over any
other method.  When tuning, I set up the frequency of the tuning cycle befor
I leave the house, (4, 6, 12 months), and let them know I will call.
I have the to-do list on my palm set with monthly catagories.  When a
person's name is on the list I call and usually say something like:

Hi, _________, Your name came up on my call list this month.  I was
wondering if I could set up an appointment time with you to get your piano
tuned. Right now I have (blah, blah times) available.

With people being so busy, it's best to catch them on the phone and make the
appointment right away.  For those answering machine calls, I've been
leaving a message to call, and then moving thier name to the "missed"
catagory to check later.

Good luck!

Ron Koval
Chicagoland