Voicing & voices

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:19:09 +0100

The procedure of making the well known C-series in the Yamaha factory is of
course totally different from the 'secluded' (authorized personnel only)
'hand made' section on the second floor.
For instance : the materials used are different, the work time designated
for each hand made instrument is different and so, everything is different.

In the hand made section each intoneur glues his own hammers, regulates and
tunes his own grand and takes about two days for voicing.
The fact that the voicing person glues, regulates, tunes and voices the
hammers personally makes the hand made Yamaha's unique. All other factories
(as far as I know) have their 'last sections' for voicing where the intoneur
does just that.

I have been in that special section for private lessons and owe much to the
Yamaha people for letting me expand my knowledge and thereby enriching my
professional and personal life.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,