key leveling -- crown?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:15:43 -0500

At 06:28 AM 11/19/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>"They should be 'hung'_on_the front side of the backcheck."
>
>Where does one start with a suggestion like this? This is kinda like
>telling the little kid with his face in the cereal bowl - "why don't you
>try the spoon?"
>
>I have jammed a few actions into their cavity with the dog-gonned lead
>hanging off the back only to ram into the underlevers - and spout out a
>few choice words.
>
>Ya know, maybe next time I will use the leads......but hang them on the
>front side of the backchecks! I'm just sittin' here scratching my head
>wondering how in the world something so obvious could elude me (and others
>also???) for so long.
>
>Thank you Jon. Thank you. Thank you.
>
>Terry Farrell

Years ago, one of the catalogues had an illustration accompanying the
description
of these leads. The illustration showed the lead on the back-side of the
backcheck.

My mentor pointed out to me that the 'suggested' application was incorrect
because it placed the weight behind the back rail thus levering the key higher.

Carl knew what and why I mentioned it.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.