[Fwd: Fw: Training Courses for Women]

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:03:26 +0000

At 9:01 AM -0800 11/20/01, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

>There's a pretty easy way to keep from being offended by these
>commercials--don't watch them. With the exception of the occasional
>news event I've avoided commercial TV for some years now and nothing
>I've seen lately causes me to believe I've been culturally deprived
>of much. We recently reconnected to the cable and once in a while I
>get talked into watching some new show--I am usually shocked at how
>banal they have become. Perhaps they always were and I just didn't
>notice.

Hear hear!  One night about 11 years ago some guy called George Bush
appeared on my screen.  I exclaimed I wouldn't have such rubbish in
the house, loaded the TV into the back of the car and donated it to
my trainee the next morning.  I never missed it and have never had a
TV since.  The radio is going next!

JD