Understanding Duplex Tuning and placement.

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:19:44 +1100

Phil, Mike and list,

Phil wrote;

>  > For those that don't know, the C7 has a similar "Steinway-style" duplex
>  > configuration, as opposed to Baldwin's older individual aliquots.

For any of the pianos where the blocks are cast in groups, the
duplexes will be untuneable, whereas the Baldwin's older individual
aliquots are likely tuneable.

>  > With this type of configuration for a duplex, how can you
>effectively change
>  > one duplex without changing all of them, to a certain extent?

That's it Phil, you can't. You're most certainly not out of left
field here. I wrote a long post some days ago on the procedure we use
for tuning the rear duplex system. But the blocks must be individual
and moveable. If anyone's interested who missed it, let me know and
I'll dig it out (but use the email link below rather than the list -
thanks).

Ron O
--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au