compression waves

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:57:55 -0600

>Well... because everywhere I run into this experiment the results are the
same.
>The longitudinal frequency is determined by the speaking length, and the
>frequencies propagate unhindered through the whole length of the medium. I
have
>found this example in about 15 different university physics websites so far.

Excellent. And what do they tell you about the resulting frequencies on the
far side of the bridge as they relate to the speaking length LM1? And how
do they relate to transverse frequencies of the speaking lengths? No point
in any of us wasting time on this if the duplicated results are posted in
numerous places and all agree.

Ron N