compression waves

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:49:50 +0100

Phillip L Ford wrote:

> I have been following this discussion for some days and .....

snip

> If this summary is incorrect would someone please correct me.
> If this summary is correct would someone please explain to me
> how answering any or all of the above questions would
> influence the scale design of a real piano.
>
> Phil

You summed up most of the points folks are looking into. As for influencing the
scale design of a real piano, well it already has to some degree. Conklins scale
design work for the bass. That wasnt such a successfull attempt however.

The disscussion came out of that duplex thread in which some claims were made that
touched on to what degree the longitudinals are a factor in both the front and back
duplexes.  In as much as scale designs include duplex considerations, (ie. tuned,
detuned, muted, lengths) I think its relative enough to know what the longitudinals
effects and functions really are.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.