Duplex

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:37:16 EST

Ron N,

Excuse me Ron, but give the scale designers of the original duplex scale a
little credit and investigate the scales. i believe you will be delighted to
learn that the duplex scales of these vintage and many new instruments have
very specific tones that correspond to the partials of the speaking length,
and that tuning them is just a matter of knowing what the tones are. I have a
book that I have put together called The Duplex Scale field manual Guide
which has proved to be of inestimable value to technicians around the country
and the world in clearly stating the pitches of many of the duplex scales in
most of the world's most well known instruments..

It's not a mystery, and there is almost no guessing involved. You just have
to put a little trust in the scale designers work. True, perfection is hard
to come by, but our job is not to be perfect but to pursue perfection and get
as close as we can. At least that's been how I was taught, and what I try to
do.

Duplexdan