Baldwin 'D', #137---, or Have I been sleeping??

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:45:08 EST

Well I have noticed a thingee on this Baldwin 9er that I just can't believe
that I haven't noticed before or is this the only one in existence like
this????..........The problem(?) is in the 3rd section only(from bass) what
is the problem(?)...the bridge is notched at aprox. a 20/25 degree angle
toward the bass..that is to say the left string is longer than the middle or
right string and so on.
 This angled notching is reflected in the aliquot thingees also as they are
set at the same angles. There is no corresponding angle built into the capo
bar and this section is problematic as to
tuning...........................The question is: Is this an "unadvertised
feature" on Baldwin 'D's that I have just overlooked in the past or am I
hallucinating?..........
Comments please..but be kind. :-)
Jim BRyant (FL)