Plate Vertigris

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:24:17 -0500

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:21:42 -0500 Jon Page <jonpage@mediaone.net>
writes:
> S&S L, c.1942
>
> The plate finish is covered with small, green blisters.  I haven't
> delt  with this in some time but I think it would be best to seal this
after sanding with
> shellac.
> Any thoughts?

Hi Jon -

I haven't run into anything like that before, but sanding off the
blisters seems like the right first step.  I would also thoroughly clean
the sanded finish with naptha before recoating.
Shellac is what I would use, too, but a good vinyl sealer would work
well, too, I would think.  With the shellac, I would apply the equivalent
of at least a 2 lb. cut for a good barrier.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com