curiosity about a method of temperament tuning

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:23:54 -0800 (PST)

I'm not really using this method right now.  I'm using
a cheap $15 Korg chromatic tuner for the temperament
octave (F3-F4) cause I can't afford anything better.

Btw, the middle section of my piano is C3 to C#5, all
plain trichords.  Whichever method I use to tune the
temperament, I occasionally wind up with a slightly
fast fifth or fourth here and there, but most often an
extra-slow third, usually in the temperament octave,
but often below, as far down as the lowest note on the
long bridge if not straddling the break by a couple
notes.  (Slow as in bps should be around 4 to 5 but
it's more like 2 or 3.)

Also, within a couple days, I have often found octaves
in the 5th and 6th octaves that were flat on the high
side, often by ~5-8bps or more.  There has been
improvement in this area, but there's still room for
more.