very clever repairs

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:25:59 -0800

>Anyone have any ideas on storing glue in your car and keeping it from
>freezing during the winter?
>
>Carol Beigel

Glad that you liked the key repair, Carol. Try it and tell me how it works
for you,
the next time you find a key with a long and uncomplicated break.

Actually, I keep most things like furniture polish, etc., in a little
six-pack-sized picnic cooler, so at least they'll freeze more slowly.
However, in Oregon they would hardly freeze anyway.

In a more bitter climate, I'd get the very small containers of Elmer's
and CA, and keep them in a purse, so they wouldn't need to live in the
car. After years of carrying around a big bottle of Elmers, I realized
that the tiniest bottle is equally useful. You just have to refill or
replace it a little more often, and that's better than lugging the big
one around. I have a little pouch in my kit (which is a fairly elaborate
salesman's case with lots of compartments) which just holds the two
bottles, and has a velcro flap holding it shut.

Regards,

Susan