Steinway upright tuning

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:07:08 -0700

At 08:20 AM 11/28/01 -0500, Wim wrote:

> As far I'm concerned, you can take all Steinway Studios and drop them in the
> river. For

Drop them off at my house instead! I love them! Especially the little
"continental" F-40 (or whatever it was called).

> the money, they're not that great.

I would disagree. I look after one 1098 that fell into an orchestra pit and was
later dropped flat on its back and it's still in use. They're tough pianos!

> And as a technician they are impossible to tune.

Try Protek on the upper bearing points. They'll go from a nightmare to just a
mild bad dream.

> Yes, they stay where you put them. But by that time you're arm has fallen
> off, and you've spent all of you free times doing it.

They take me an extra 15 minutes or so and my arm's fine afterwards, though my
brain might be a little fuzzy.

> Ask me what I think of Steinway uprights.

I think we know... <g>  Ask me what *I* think of them!

                John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto:john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom