Recording

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:54:59 -0600

Hi Richard,

At 10:41 PM 11/28/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi guys and gals
>
>Thought I would give you all an oportunity to listen to a bit of what we
>all do here in Bergen. The following link is to my own website and is a
>cut from a CD we at the University of Bergens "Grieg Academy for Music"
>just got done with.
>
><http://home.broadpark.no/~rbrekne/sounds/G.Tveitt15.mp3>G.Tveitt Fifty
>songs from Hardanger
>
>The Piano is a Hamburg Steinway B from about 1980. Recently completed
>doing the Strike Weights and Front Weights according to the basic
>method  Stanwood outlines in his Touch Design kit. The piano was tuned two
>days before this particular cut and was used both evenings before this
>recording was made.  Voicing was a bit brash to my mind but the young lady
>soloist wouldnt have it any other way.

It didn't come across brash at all on my speakers. Maybe I'm just too used
to pianos that have to cut through a big orchestra playing Rachmaninoff's
4th piano concerto, as is happening this Friday, with Horacio Gutierrez
here at the university. :-)

>The Soloist is Heli Jakobson, a piano major at the academy working on her
>masters level studies. The recording was done in our concert hall by one
>of the professors.
>
>Anyways.. thought you might like a chance to hear this. The file is 1.8
>megs big so if you have a slow modem then maybe you want to think twice

Sounded pretty good to me and "only" took about 7 minutes to download! :-)

Avery