Flag-poling: a way of life, or...?

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:53:18 EST

In a message dated 11/29/01 8:42:17 AM, jrhee@fai-arch.com writes:

<< He speaks at
length on how to properly manipulate (tweak) the pin in vertical pianos. >>

Gee, maybe I missed that.   Maybe I'm recalling the video.  Somewhere in
there I seem to remember the caution to not "treat the tuning pin like a slot
machine" and never move the pin up or down.  At any rate, I took that advice
to heart before coming across a tuner tuning a piano at the Chicago Cultural
Center.  Clearly his movements were vertical!  That prompted me to meet with
a local RPT and indeed his advice was to adopt some vertical motion after
completing the turning process.  (ric's recent post described it best.)

Can you give me a page number on the section describing vertical motion of
the pin?  I'd love to read it.  (or re-read it)

Thanks

Tom Sivak