Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:14:25 -0800

From: "Phil Bondi" <PM
Subject: Prepping the Piano for the Tuner >
> I have noticed for some time now, and have failed to ask about it until
now,
> is, why do the piano owners that come from the Great NorthEast always have
> the music desk off of Grands and the Verticals are at least cleared of the
> clutter?
>
>Phil, Today I had four  tunings and an evaluation, all here in Boston west
suburbs. One piano "ready "  The others full of the usual stuff. So much for
your theory  !
    Years ago I once had to remove dozens of those carnival type blown glass
trinkets, Little piano's with benches. Swans etc. all on little mirrors to
enhance their beauty. AND had to put them back! Then there was one of those
old heavy color T.V. sets on top of an old upright also needing to be
replaced after service and me Conan the Librarian !
    I guess those lamps and metronomes aren't so bad. Tom Driscoll