sanderson Bass strings/scale

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:14:40 +1100

J D wrote,

>In cases such as Schiedmayer and dozens of old Leipzig and Dresden
>makes, including Blüthner, with bulging bridges, it is a mug's game
>messing about with the gauges at all.

Explain further the 'bulging bridge' syndrome JD, I'm all ears.

>  Either you fit a proper hockey-stick bridge and completely redesign
>the scale or you stick with what's there and just love that pure
>mellow sound.

. . . and the accompanying ordinary tuning stability.

The best place I can think of for placement of the hockey stick
bridge is - in the wood heater during winter.

Ron O.
--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au
Email:        mailto:ron@overspianos.com.au