Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:12:03 -0800

At 06:47 PM 11/29/2001 -0500, Phil wrote:
>I have noticed for some time now, and have failed to ask about it until now,
>is, why do the piano owners that come from the Great NorthEast always have
>the music desk off of Grands and the Verticals are at least cleared of the
>clutter?

<grin> Because Yankee tuners are the most cranky?

You know, I hadn't sorted the small minority of people who have the junk
off the piano by area of origin, but I imagine you're right. However, I
can't think it is always training by their previous tuner, because some of
them not only remove the case parts (if they can) but also pull the piano
two or three feet from the wall. I'm surprised by how many assume that I'll
need access to the back of the piano.

Does anyone put the junk back on the piano when they're done? The only
things I'll put back on are the light and/or heavy stuff if the customer
looks like they'll have trouble lifting it.

Susan