Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:44:47 -0800

Phil,
I don't live in the northeast, but I "train" my clients by reminding them of
their appointment the day before and gently requesting that they remove all
of their personal items off of the piano for me before I get there.  (The
compulsive types also dust before I get there.)  My long-time clients know
the routine now and do it automatically.

jeannie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 3:47 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

'evening all.

I have noticed for some time now, and have failed to ask about it until now,
is, why do the piano owners that come from the Great NorthEast always have
the music desk off of Grands and the Verticals are at least cleared of the
clutter?

Now, I'm only mentioning the Great NorthEast because I live in a melting pot
(SW Fla), and people move here from all over the country/world..but only the
piano people from..NY..NJ..Conn. .. RI, etc have the piano 'ready' for the
tuner.

I know it sounds discriminitory, and it's certainly not meant to be that
way..hey..I'm originally from Nu Yawk myself..and it's something that I have
observed.

How do you East Coast guys get them trained to be that way?

Any day now, I'll be helping to clear a 50 piece nativity scene off the lid
of a piano, I'm sure..happens every year.

Phil