interval names

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 10:35:19 -0700

>           Respectfully, All tuners are not musicians, and  IMHO  calling a
>fourth a diminished third could create confusion among those of us lacking
>in the knowledge of music theory. I tend to get on my high horse concerning
>incorrect nomenclature ( a character flaw on my part no doubt) but I draw
>the line when I don't know the correct terms!
>     Tom Driscoll

Tom, if I may (also respectfully) point out -- you are a professional working
on a musical instrument. A lot of your customers, admittedly not all, are
musicians, and most of them are musically literate. The basics of music theory
are not particularly difficult, nor is the information a trade secret,
jealously
guarded by classical musicians. It is quite readily available.

We're not talking about the difference between German and Italian sixth chords
here -- this is simple spelling. Why not learn it?

Susan Kline