THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brian Trout <grandrestorations@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Robert Wilson <pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Maybe, but I hope you are not suggesting that
> > airline
> > passengers should be allowed to carry guns!!
>

> Hmmm...  It goes back to the idea of my previous
> post.  I have no problem with a liscensed,
> responsible person carrying a firearm on a plane.
>  Would I want "everyone" to be carrying?  NO!!!
>
> Case in point.  I have a friend in law
> enforcement.  He's REQUIRED to carry a firearm,
> both on and off duty at ALL times in his local
> jurisdiction.  Can you tell me why this person
> should be denied that priveledge while traveling,
> even on an airplane?
>
> That's the problem I run into when I start
> discussing this.  Once I say "someone" should be
> able to carry, the argument becomes "anyone who
> wants to carry can".  Middle ground seems to be
> so hard to come by.
>
> Just an opinion.

 ...and it's a very interesting opinion.  Tell me, who
would be responsible for deciding which passengers
could carry guns and which couldn't? and who would
enforce that decision?  and what happens if that
responsible body make a mistake and you end up with
terrorists on a plane with guns?

I actually don't think terrorists would succeed so
easily again with knives, now that the traveling
public have the knowledge of what went before, I think
they could be possibly overpowered but not, of course,
if they are in possession of guns.  At least the
passengers have a chance against knives.

Bob Wilson,
London.