THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:43:31 -0700 (PDT)

It gets complicated, Bob.  And I don't have all
the answers.

Would you object to the pilot having a firearm?
Would you object to armed "sky marshalls" that
have been talked about on the news?

You're right, it's hard to decide where to draw a
line.  And who is responsible for determining who
can and who can't...

If we wanted to be ridiculous, we could say that
hundreds of thousands of people are killed by
automobiles every year so they should be made
illegal and wiped from the face of the planet.
It would solve the problem of people being killed
by automobiles.

My main objection to the total disarming of any
group of people is that in most cases, it renders
them pretty much harmless and at the whim of any
would-be aggressor.

I guess I should ask, who has the right to
protect themselves? and how?  The threat of
lethal force will be with us always.  Question
is, do the innocent have anything to fight back
with?

Oh, what a can of worms!!

I gotta get to work...

Brian T.