Severely Cracked Pinblock

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

Any particulars you can add?  How big is the
piano? 5'?  6'?  7'?  Did you examine the action
to know what's there and what condition it might
be in?  How are the bridges?  How's the
soundboard?  Does it need a new one?  In order to
put in a new pinblock, it's almost certain to be
restrung anyway, so if it needs other things, the
timing doesn't get much better.

I have done similar projects in the past and
would give you some ideas of my prices privately
if you wish, with the understanding that there's
no way I'd nail down an exact $$ amount without
personally seeing the piano.  Now, if you said
it's a 1924 Mason & Hamlin 'A', I know what it
is.

I'd be interested in pursuing it farther.  E-mail
me privately if you wish.

Best wishes,

Brian T.

=====