Unwrapped ends of bass strings

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:35:31 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C14BDD.FB5E4740
How are the winding terminations at the bridge end of the strings? Even, =
or staggared like we kinda see here (my glasses used to work much =
better).

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 3:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Unwrapped ends of bass strings

  I dunnnooo Newton... the consistancy of the errors (course this =
picture was a bit foggy) would make me think the problem had to do with =
something other then the string maker. I mean how does a string maker =
make so perfectly the same error on 20 some odd strings ?...=20
  I aggree with Bob M... it looks like they were put on backwards... or =
maybe the measurements got somehow reversed somewhere along in the =
process..=20

  Grin.. you sure you dont need a new pair of glasses ?? hehe=20
   =20
   =20
   =20

---

    Newton Hunt wrote:=20
This should show what I mean.

This set was made, by a known provider, from a verified set of
specifications I supplied.

Needless to say, I, and the rebuilder, are annoyed no end.

                Newton

-

  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20