"Gay clientele" was RE: Erard Grand Piano

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:26:01 -0500

<<John, Let's learn, have a little fun and leave the moralistic rhetoric for
another audience. You have a right to believe as you wish , but for one, I
don't feel it's appropriate on this list.>>

This is a two way street. If others will refrain from posting things like
Seinfeld's "moralistic rhetoric," then I will refrain from responding to it.
Neither statement should be on Pianotech. Remember, it is just as
inconsiderate for one to post a pro-homosexuality statement as it is for
another to post a statement against it. There are several (maybe many) on
the list who hold to the high standards of morality on which our nation was
originally founded. As much as some are offended by my posting, remember
that others may likewise be offended by Seinfeld's morality. Is it
permissible to ask that *our* standards not be assaulted as we watch them
daily fade away? Must we silently endure the erosion of virtue while others
are given the media "megaphone" to promote their decadent views? Have we no
voice, or must we always yield to those who are louder, more visible, and
more vociferous? I say nay.

<<What it is, frankly, is bigotry....>>

It is not bigotry to believe strongly about righteousness. For example, I am
not bigoted against murderers if I state that murder is wrong. Nor am I
bigoted to state that bestiality is wrong. Both are wrong, and the reason
that they are wrong is not because I say so, but because our Creator said
so. We have to go back to the source of righteousness to find the standards
of righteousness, and that ultimately leads to God. It does not really
matter what you or I think, but what God thinks. God made Adam and Eve, not
Adam and Steve. The Bible has numerous other clear examples of God's
thoughts on this issue.

<<...not just the people you hate>>

It does not follow that I hate homosexuals anymore than it could be said
that I hate murderers because I believe murder is wrong. I do not hate
anyone. I do not have that right. I treat all human beings with respect. I
would be glad to help anyone leave homosexuality just as I would be glad to
help anyone leave a lifestyle of adultery or fornication. People are people,
but people are responsible *creat*ures before their *Creat*or.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com