rim laminations

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 01:14:20 +0100

At 19:43 04/10/01 -0700, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> > >Are you using the birch material Delignit (?)
> >
> > Delignit is bEEch, rock maple's European substitute.
>
>I know their pinblock stock is beech but I was given some material they
>supplied for grand rims ten years or so back that I thought was birch. Ten
>years is a long time for my memory and I could be mistaken.

Ah! Useful.  I hadn't thought of them

>Urea's are quite good, but there are other types (besides Aerolite) that can
>be pre-mixed and simply spread.

Catalyst + paste mixed you mean?  Does it have a reasonable pot life?  I
can see that from a practical point of view that would be a bit
better.  The advantage with the Aerolite is economy, since the water+powder
mixture is good for months, so if you mix too much, you don't waste
anything -- and I always make too much glue!  It's not as cheap as it used
to be, especially the rabbitskin.

JD