Wanted - muslim composer

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 07:07:08 -0700

I send a greeting card to all my active clients at Christmas time, but not
necessarily a Christmas card.  It is generally an original composition by one of my
clients.  Last year it was a Hannukah liturgy composed by someone who is not a
client but is local and known to some of my clients.

This year I thought I had a lead on a local muslim composer who might be able to do
a composition for Eid al-Fitr, which this year falls about eight days before
Christmas, but I have been unable to find her.  Do any of you know such a person who
might like to undertake such a project?  It would be very short, small enough to fit
on three 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 pages, and preferably a song with piano accompaniment.

If I don't get to do it this year, I won't get a chance for quite a while, because
the muslim lunar calendar moves forward about 10 1/2 days each year relative to the
Gregorian calendar.

Thanks.

Paul Larudee