Weird Frontweights

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:53:26 +0200

Yes.... well all this is fine and dandy Ron and Del.... but if that results in
fluxuations in FWs of up too 15 or more grams in neighboring keys.... then
something is wrong and right here in River city.

That was the origional complaint with this thread.... whether or not pattern
leading is too blame I dont know, but someone.... Ed Foote I think said
something about pattern leading sometimes results in such variations.  I have a
hard time thinking that this is acceptable.

One other thing.  Friction does  not present the same problem in a Stanwood
setup action. Friction is a sort of left over, and as such a known quantity.
You make the point of reasonable dependability below Ron... what could be more
dependable then this then ?

The only point left is cost effectiveness in a factory setting. Ok... its really
quick to stamp out a set of keys after a pattern. But wildly varying FW's is a
big negative. And if one already "knows" ahead of time just how much the FW
should be... as in to the tenth of a gram.... then it seems absurd to allow for
15 gram variances when this can be easily avoided.

btw... doesnt Stanwood has worked out a pattern system that fits with his basic
method also...?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.