Weird Frontweights

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:42:32 -0400

At 11:20 PM +0200 10/8/01, Richard Brekne wrote:
>It would be interesting for me at any rate to hear from any of you just how
>consistant FW's are from a Stanwood point of view when installed
>from a pattern
>weighting scheme in a "typical" factory. Anybody have any experience
>on this line ?

By definition, the FWs should be consistent. What about the weight of
the keys is going to change? (Yes I know, the naturals weigh more
than the sharps, and big pianos have tapered key lengths).

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"No one builds the *perfect* piano, you can only remove the obstacles
to that perfection during the building."
     ...........LaRoy Edwards, Yamaha International Corp