"Gay clientele" was RE: Erard Grand Piano

BEATRIX ERWIN erwinpiano@msn.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:38:44 -0700

Hi John

   I'll be happy to take the heat for agreeing with you 100% and am also =
tired of feeling like I must remain silent when the politically correct p=
ost something  offensive to me and then feign offense when I disagree. In=
 fact it's as if I didn't have the right to disagree. Somethings upside d=
own. Traditional historical morals(biblical or otherwise),virtue, manners=
 and unconditional Love should always be in vogue and not something to sc=
off at. =20
   Content on the road less traveled by.
    With Rrespect ---Dale Erwin
 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: John M. Formsma
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:33 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: "Gay clientele" was RE: Erard Grand Piano
 =20
<<John, Let's learn, have a little fun and leave the moralistic rhetoric =
for
another audience. You have a right to believe as you wish , but for one, =
don't feel it's appropriate on this list.>>

This is a two way street. If others will refrain from posting things like
Seinfeld's "moralistic rhetoric," then I will refrain from responding to =
it.
Neither statement should be on Pianotech. Remember, it is just as
inconsiderate for one to post a pro-homosexuality statement as it is for
another to post a statement against it. There are several (maybe many) on
the list who hold to the high standards of morality on which our nation w=
as
originally founded. As much as some are offended by my posting, remember
that others may likewise be offended by Seinfeld's morality. Is it
permissible to ask that *our* standards not be assaulted as we watch them
daily fade away? Must we silently endure the erosion of virtue while othe=
rs
are given the media "megaphone" to promote their decadent views? Have we =
no
voice, or must we always yield to those who are louder, more visible, and
more vociferous? I say nay.

<<What it is, frankly, is bigotry....>>

It is not bigotry to believe strongly about righteousness. For example, I=
 am
not bigoted against murderers if I state that murder is wrong. Nor am I
bigoted to state that bestiality is wrong. Both are wrong, and the reason
that they are wrong is not because I say so, but because our Creator said
so. We have to go back to the source of righteousness to find the standar=
ds
of righteousness, and that ultimately leads to God. It does not really
matter what you or I think, but what God thinks. God made Adam and Eve, n=
ot
Adam and Steve. The Bible has numerous other clear examples of God's
thoughts on this issue.

<<...not just the people you hate>>

It does not follow that I hate homosexuals anymore than it could be said
that I hate murderers because I believe murder is wrong. I do not hate
anyone. I do not have that right. I treat all human beings with respect. =
would be glad to help anyone leave homosexuality just as I would be glad =
help anyone leave a lifestyle of adultery or fornication. People are peop=
le,
but people are responsible *creat*ures before their *Creat*or.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com