Silicone/naptha ratio

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:19:04 -0700

>From: Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>

>Hm.  So I would end up with 72 ounces.  Since I normally use about 4 oz. of
>CLP
>annually, that would be an 18-year supply.  What is the shelf life of the
>mix?
>The idea of not having to buy any more until I'm 72 is sorta appealing!
>:-)
>
>Regards, Clyde

Not sure of the shelf life, but I would assume indefinitely if you keep it
tightly closed. Btw, I go through waaaay more CLP than you do. I use it
routinely on keypins, various action centers, v-bars and other friction
points when tuning and especially pitch raising to aid rendering; greatly
reduces drag and broken strings. Of course i'll be switching to silicone
now!

Cheers,

Terry