Silicone

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:46:43 -0700

Terry,
Please, don't even think of using Silicone anywhere near the pressure
bar/tuning pins! That stuff creeps! I had a bottle of it, in a glass, sealed
bottle. The darn stuff creeped, (leaked), right out and all over the shelf
it was sitting on! I think the only thing that will contain it is a metal
container. And even then, I'm not sure that will hold it over a long period
of time. I usually buy a spray can of the stuff from my local NAPA store.
When I need some, I just spray the amount I need into a container and add
the appropriate amount of Naptha.
By the way, the best thing I have found for pressure bars, etc., is LPS-1.
It doesn't creep, it doesn't attrack dust and it flashes off fairly quickly,
but does a good job of breaking the friction. I obtain it from my local,
REAL, hardware store.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, (Oregon)