Removing Underfelt

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:48:09 -0500

Dear List and Carol,
What an awesome list this is..all the information!  Wow!

I did have some Methyl alcohol on hand and used your advice.  I applied it
with a hypo-oiler (for better aim) and you were right.  I hardly had to file
at all!!

Thanks

Brian Doepke
doepke@fwi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Carol R. Beigel
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:36 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Removing Underfelt

I use a little bottle of Methyl alcohol that sells in gas stations (fuel
line additive in winter to keep water from condensing in the gasoline) that
cost less than $1.

It only takes a little bit to saturate all the felt on the damper heads,
wait a few minutes, and all the felt comes off!  Couldn't be easier.

Carol Beigel